Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Human Intellect or God's Grace

I have been sitting at my house all day long and pondering on alot of things today. So I am going to put this topic out there to try and reason the scriptures together as we are called to do. Salvation... Is it scripturally based that both God and man are present in the process of regeneration, new birth, being born again, however you want to word it, to the point that without the other, God's grace and human intellect, that there can be no salvation? And please I do not want any opinions, I want scripture! This is not a minut topic! This is the foundation on which you base your interpretation of all scripture and how your doctrine is compared with the Word of God, as false or truth. There is absolute truth in the Word! So the answer has to be one or the other...either God gets all the glory or man shares the glory, in the process of salvation? Which one is it? In The Love of Christ and Truth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cooke - I will have to disagree with part of your earlier comment: “let God be the one to say who is the elect and who is not!”. The thing to remember here is that salvation is contingent upon faith/belief in Jesus Christ, his resurrection, and the blood he shed on Calvary. God does not choose who will be saved and who is not saved unless belief in Christ takes place. The belief part is man’s responsibility (using his intellect); the offer of salvation, drawing, and the grace is God’s!! God doesn’t make us believe, he just blesses the fruits of our work in sharing the Gospel to the lost. Salvation is a marriage between the will of man through the knowledge of the Bible versus the Grace of God. Jesus died for all persons on the earth (John 3:16). God made the plan of salvation for all mankind, it is up to us to believe and accept the plan through Jesus Christ and his blood once the Gospel is shared (that is the Christian’s responsibility)!!! Please remember to to keep both sides of salvation (God and man) in balance when discussing the Gospel (it is not just God selecting/choosing his elect). We become his elect as a result of belief in Christ, not the other way around.
I agree that this group of persons at Westboro are incorrect in their application of the Gospel. (I doubt at this point whether they really know what the Gospel is). We are not to share hate but the Love of God through his Son. That is the True Gospel. I pray for a change of heart at Westboro……..
humbly clarifying……..

This is the response I got and wanted to share it with those who have not seen it. Are we really to believe that salvation is contingent upon mans work? Is it biblical to say that man has to do something before God can give him something? Or, does God do something so that man can choose Him? Which brings more glory to God? Who does and will get all the glory? Will we say to God one day I chose to receive this crown, I chose to wear it and bear it all my days and now I choose to give what I got to you, praise be my intellect!?
I tend to think that we will say I am unworthy to wear this crown that you have given me, I could not have worn it or bore it if not for your mercy, so I give back what is rightfully yours to begin with, praise be your grace!!

ForGodsGlory said...

I thank God it was not based on intellect or else I'd still be lost.